Who Can Receive Meals on Wheels?
Anyone can use this service, but there are many people for whom Meals on Wheels is completely or partially subsidized. We will try to fit you in with any subsidized meal program that we can. If you ever have any concerns about qualifying for the service, please call the Meals on Wheels office.
Am I Eligible for PVI Meals on Wheels?
Our services are geared primarily toward serving meals to low-income seniors. To be eligible for our subsidized services, you must be:
- 60 years of age or older
- Living in San Mateo County
- Additional factors contributing to eligibility include:
- Being homebound or needing help leaving your home
- Unable to prepare meals or shop for yourself
- Recent hospital stay or ongoing health problems
- Primarily living alone